Easy No-Sew Drop Cloth Curtains

March 18, 2011 by
Filed under: DIY, Home Decor Ideas

Recently I have been trying to find ways to make our living room look brighter and more inviting,  which is a challenge with our wood paneling.    The obvious answer would be to open the blinds and pull back the curtains but we live on a somewhat busy street and I enjoy my privacy.   While looking at a home tour on either Design*Sponge or Apartment Therapy (sorry I can’t remember which one) I noticed that someone mentioned their curtain was actually a drop cloth.   So I measured my windows and off to Lowe’s I went on a mission.   I bought (2) 6′ x 9′ Canvas Drop Cloths and 2 sets of  Allen + Roth Clip Rings.

Canvas Drop Cloth Curtains

That afternoon my friend Nikki and I installed my curtain rod about 6 inches higher than the window to make the window seem larger and the room seem bigger.  Next we added the clip rings (7 per drop cloth) to evenly spaced folds in the drop cloth to create pleats.  Once that was completed we hung the drop cloths on the curtain rod and we were done!

Curtain Pleats

Curtain Pleats

I am so happy with the results.  Our drop cloth curtains brighten our living room tremendously and they were so easy and inexpensive to make!

Drop Cloth Curtains

T.G. I. F.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

by Selena Faye

Be Sociable, Share!
Pin It

Comments

6 Comments on Easy No-Sew Drop Cloth Curtains

1. Danielle
    on Sun, Mar 20th 2011 @ 10:14 am

What a great idea!

• Faye
      on Sun, Mar 20th 2011 @ 1:37 pm

Thanks!

2. The Look for Less | All Things House
    on Sun, Feb 24th 2013 @ 2:38 pm

[...] Inexpensive bamboo blinds layered with drop cloth curtains (such a genius idea). 2. Heron and Pelican prints from Art.com 3. Patterned Euro shams from Etsy [...]

3. Fotografia ślubna
    on Mon, Jul 15th 2013 @ 1:10 pm

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours
    would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet savvy so I’m not 100% sure.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Faye
      on Thu, Jul 25th 2013 @ 9:40 am

My blog is hosted through WordPress but I would suggest something like blogger for people just starting out, it’s free. Also I pay yearly for my web address but you don’t have to do that, if you don’t want to. Sorry I may not be the best person to ask. Good Luck!

4. Helen
    on Fri, Aug 16th 2013 @ 2:58 pm

Hi! I just wanted to say thanks for posting! I made some curtains like these for our bedroom a few weeks ago – http://mrsbomb.com/629/drop-cloth-curtains/ :-)

Tell me what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!